05 Jul 2016

Prevent Lead Poinsoning


Many people think that lead poisoning is a thing of the past. But consider this: Most homes, apartments, schools or buildings built before 1978 are likely to contain lead paint. 

KNOW: Deteriorating lead-based paint and paint dust can be poisonous, especially for children. If not detected early, children with high levels of lead in their bodies can suffer from:
- Damage to the brain and nervous system
- Behavior and learning problems, such as hyperactivity
- Slowed growth
- Hearing problems
- Headaches
In rare cases of acute lead poisoning from ingestion of lead, children can suffer seizure, coma and even death. Learn more

LOOK: Lead poisoning is not easy to detect. Sometimes no symptoms occur and sometimes the symptoms are the same as those of more common illnesses like the flu. Early signs of lead poisoning are:- Persistent tiredness or hyperactivity
- Irritability
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Reduced attention span
- Difficulty sleeping
- Constipation

You are here: Home News In the media Prevent Lead Poinsoning