Health Insurance Assistance

Open enrollment runs each year from November to January, but individuals and families can enroll in coverage if they qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP). You may qualify if:

  • You have lost health insurance coverage due to job loss, change in employer policies, etc.

  • You experience a change in marital or household status.

  • You moved into New York State or from one county to another.

  • You age out of prior coverage.

For a complete list of Qualifying Life Events,
please visit the NY State of Health website.



NOTE: You may enroll in Child Health Plus and Medicaid at any time. Small business employers and employees are also eligible to purchase coverage through the marketplace outside of the open enrollment period. Contact us to find out more.


Contact us for questions, if you think you may be eligible for a special enrollment period, or if you need to report changes for already established coverage!


Make an appointment with an NCPPC navigator:

1 (800) 279-8679

or (315) 788-8533



Online at

By phone at 1-855-355-5777


For Child Health Plus information, go to:

You are here: Home Health Insurance Assistance